Monday, November 26, 2012

Hi!!! I'm at it again & a Peak 313 Challenge

Hi!! I'm back....yes, yes, I know I took too long. I took a long 2 month break from this blog, it's been too long. I have been trying to get back into the swing of things but life gets way busy. We are some what settled down and I have been praying about getting back to working out on a regular basis and one of my favorite blog sisters is doing a challenge. So it's perfect timing for me! Thanks Clare for always being so faithful and a godly, encouraging example to me.

I  also started doing a new workout system that I think will work out best for me. I had one that just wasn't working for me. It quite frankly took too long, and I needed something that would give me more time with my family. So I found this lady that I've been following for the past 2 months and have decided to take on her challenges and program as well. I'll be sharing what that is later. So here's Clare's challenge from PEAK313 go to her website and check out the details. Here's the what it's all about.



21 Days to a Hunger-Free {and Healthy!} Holiday: Week 1-Sacrifice

She is asking us to make a sacrifice so you can SHARE with someone else less fortunate this season! Every time you choose to say NO to an unhealthy habit {sugared coffee} or YES to a healthy one, I want you to pay yourself! Put this money in a jar and at the end of the 21 days, you’ll donate that to a charity of your choice! (There are many local ones that are fighting local hunger, but feel free to expand to further organizations such as Samaritans PurseSkip1.org, and more) I’ve found that we are more apt to do something hard on our end, on behalf of someone else. It’s why so many people run races for cancer, or orphanages. We can justify our time and sacrifice if it means someone else can benefit from it!
For those of you who may not have extra money to set aside, you can use your time as currency! Volunteer minutes at a local food bank, write encouragement card to someone in need, or bring a meal to a hurting family! There is so much you can do!
Here are some ways you can “pay yourself”:
- Saying no to the speciality coffee shop when you are out Christmas shopping
- Stopping at only 1 piece of pie at your work Christmas party
- Refusing the cheeseball and crackers at 10pm whilst Christmas wrapping
The sacrifice doesn’t have to be food related either:
- Going to bed at a good hour instead of burning the candle at both ends
- Choosing “YES” to your workout instead of no because it’s too cold
- Keeping your daily time with God instead of allowing the hustle and bustle of the holiday to cut in

If this sounds like something you want to do, let me know we'll do it together! 

By His Grace,
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment