Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Learning to say No!!!

Learning to say No!!!


Why is it so hard to say no to those foods that look and taste sooo delicious, but are soo bad for you? Well I wish I had that answer for you but I don’t. But I know someone who can help you with the temptation. His name is JESUS, He is the author and finisher of our faith. When we are struggling with tempation the bible says in Phil 4:13 that “we can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens us.” And it also says that..."No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it." 1 Corinthians 10:13 NKJV
 
So the next time you are tempted with food call on the Lord and say "Lord this is too hard to bare." This food is tempting me right now, help me to choose to eat something that is going to benefit my body and not harm it. Then grab something healthy to eat. If you work or at home, make sure you have some fruit or nuts on hand to much on. Chug a glass of water, this also helps you fill full. After, you’ve prayed and asked God for the strength and grabbed a healthy snack you will see that you don’t crave or want that food anymore. Now if you still do, because it’s happened to me. Pray again, and continue to pray until the temptation is gone.

Yesterday night I was tempted by doughnuts and lollipops. But I had remembered that if I am going to change it starts now. It was hard at first, but i just thought at how much I will have to burn that off tomorrow. It wasn't worth it, and it was bad for me.





In His Hands,

Adrienne

2 comments:

  1. WOW sis!! This was very encouraging to me! Iron sharpens Iron and that is what we are doing.. I am so happy and excited that you started a blog because I love to be encouraged too:-) Yay!! AMEN... The Lord will get you through the temptations. I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me is one of my favorite verses. Sis, I go through the same thing so I know exactly what you talking about. You can do it and I wrote on my blog comment regarding the Turbo Fire!! SOOOO happy you are getting that program.. hurry go see my comment! LOL..

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord, He is soo good girl! Amen I love that verse and is one I am using this week and maybe weeks to come. I'm going to need it. Can't wait to start with you. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete