Monday, September 24, 2012

Week 3- Living & Active Challenge: Craving Conquerers

Week 3...already we are at week 3....times goes by fast when your having a blessed time. Last week I changed it up a bit, I felt that the Turbo Fire wasn't working out for me as I thought it would. And I have found a new workout plan that I am doing and already see a difference in a short amount of time and in shorter time periods. This will help me because I am a working mom and I don't want to devote 1 hr to working out everyday. I found a plan that I can cut the time by 3/4 and still do the same work for less time and not do it every day and still have better results. I will only need to do it 4 times a week. So this is best for my needs. I felt the other one just took to much time away from my family, and that wasn't my focus. Things that take too much time away from your family is not a good thing. Thank you Lord for showing me that, now if I was a stay at home mom it probably would have worked out better. I just really need to spend my time wisely, and needed something different. Don't get me wrong Turbo Fire is great and works for most people, just wasn't cutting it for me. So no hard feelings. There's my turbo fire update. I did love doing the HIIT 15, 20, 25 workouts. Short and sweet and got to the point. lol

I'm really excited to give this new one a try. Once I see results and am doing it for awhile I'll let you in on what I am using. It's actually a little bit of this plan and a workout my husband showed me to do that works outs yoru whole body at once.

Ok..now back to the challenge: Craving Conquerers....
This is a struggle for me so this should be good. Really looking forward to it. I love what Clare shares in her devotion...."We want to conquerer cravings because we don't want anything controlling or conquering us". AMen to that, but sweets are so hard to conquer. Another thing she said that struck a cord {good one}...."Cravings in our life--be it physical, emotional, or relational, are often a reflector of something lacking in our lives." This is interesting....so what am I lacking? I need to get to the bottom of this! Ok, so she says if we are craving sweets, we are often lacking from {the right} type of carbs. Hmmm...interesting....yay glad to know that.

I love this challenge she leaves for us.....
1. List your top 3 cravings {not just food oriented}
2. List when you have them {after dinner, after seeing a friend {?}, after work..etc
3. Are these cravings from the world? Are they coming from a sin nature? If yes, then commit to praying about them. Consider talking to a close friend about them.
4. If they pass #3, then manage the cravings. Take control of your cravings. Don't ever let them take control of you!!

So here's my top 3 cravings
1. Sweets
2. Sweets
3. Yummy Drinks loaded w/ tons of sweetness

Do you see a pattern? LOL

Blessings & Grace
Adrienne

7 comments:

  1. Hi stopping by from the Peak 313 challenge. I am glad that you found something that is working for you.

    I am with you on learning to resist the sugar cravings. I am looking forward to meditating on this week's devotional shared by Clare.
    Have an awesome week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a pattern and I have one of my own I need to work on. Glad you found a routine that works for you! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies for stopping, it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one with a sugar cravings. They are so hard to say no to. BUt I can do all things through Christ Jesus who gives me strength. God Bless your week ladies! We can do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the sweets AND the one hour to work out! I work FT also and if a workout is more than 30 minutes, it's just not do-able in this season. So much literature says 20-30 minutes, focused and full effort is far more efficient anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I agree with you. The more I read up on that, the more I believe that to be true. And I'm seeing better results now that I am trimming down the time and focusing more in full body high intense workouts. And it's simple as doing them in your home or whenever you need to do them. Can do I office if you really need to.

    God bless you! Thanks for stopping by! May God bless and multiply your efforts in your journey

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the sweets! Some of my clients & I just started a 30 day paleo challenge- so no sweets for me until Halloween :) Today (day 3) I am feeling it!! Good luck on your fitness journey & cravings!!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen, thanks for stopping by, hmmm...that sounds like a good plan. I have a birthday partys this weekend and will start right after. LOL...see there I go already making excuses. LOL..I love sweets! I will have to check out your challenge.

    ReplyDelete